Are you a professional performing artist with a passion for introducing young people to the live performing arts?
The Prologue to the Performing Arts’ Program Committee is comprised of staff and board members as well as artists and educators from the broader community. The Committee reviews performances year-round and meets from October to January each year to select the roster for the following season.
There are no deadlines, but decisions are finalized by late January. Only those submissions that are of interest to the Committee will be contacted for further information and discussion.
Please review our roster of artists and companies to see what we are currently offering schools and communities across Ontario.
The following criteria are applied in selecting the roster:
- artistic excellence of artist/company and performance
- appropriate performance for intended audience
- enhancements to performance (i.e. teacher resource materials, Q&A)
- affordable and competitive fees charged to schools
- a unique performance to what is currently offered
- demonstrated commitment of artist/company to arts education
- technically accessible to schools
- promotion materials are available for artist/company and program
- performance is appropriate for both school and family audiences
- artist/company is available to tour outside of GTA
In addition, the Committee considers the following:
- The performance must be seen in a school setting for appropriate grade level.
- The artist/company must offer Prologue exclusive representation in Ontario schools.
- If the performance is offered in French, it must also be available in English.
- The performance offered represents the diversity of the student population in Ontario.
If you meet the criteria, please send us the following information:
- A promotional kit and examples of your professional work
- A description of the performance and a CD, DVD or script
- The length (45-60 min.) and grade levels targeted (must include elementary)
- Current fees being charged per performance
- Teacher Resource Materials or, if not available, curriculum connections
- Assurance of a police check through the Ontario Education Services Corporation
- A list of upcoming performances in Toronto area schools with date, time and school contact information
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact us.