- Ensuring the technical information sheet has been read and followed.
- Making sure someone is on hand to greet the performers upon their arrival at the school to make them feel welcome. Performers really appreciate the special welcome shown by providing juice or coffee and muffins.
- Consulting with the company stage manager or performers upon arrival about audience size and grade level, seating and any special requirements.
- Making sure that your students and staff know audience etiquette. A quiet and attentive audience means that everyone will enjoy the experience.
- Designating a staff person or student to introduce the performance and to thank the performers at the end of the show.
- Completing and submitting the Performance Evaluation Form.
Not all music artists/companies offer a complimentary CD. Some artists bring their CD’s available for purchase when they perform at your school. Check with a sales representative or under the performance details on the website or in the catalogue for clarification. Complimentary CD’s will be noted where applicable.
Any company requesting a tuned acoustic piano can bring their portable electric piano. If you don’t have an acoustic piano but have a high quality electrical piano to offer, Prologue can communicate this to the artist.
Depending on the type of show and the number of extra students you’d like to include, additional students may be accommodated with the artist’s permission. In this case a fee increase may be applied for each additional student to compensate the artist/company. Please consult a sales representative for more information.
Our professional artists are contracted to perform for a fixed rate per performance. For this reason we are not able to discount the price of a performance for small audiences. Consider partnering with a neighbouring school to share the performance and cost.