Prologue’s Program Advisory Committee
Program Committee Call Opportunity
Prologue Performing Arts is looking to bring together education, arts, and community members to provide input and expertise on the artists and artist companies that Prologue welcomes to our company of artists each year. We need members to help us review and provide their feedback on artist applications, advise on the development of artist offerings, and advocate for Prologue within the community.
Based on the needs of the organization and the strategic initiatives outlined above, we welcome candidates with experience in artistic production, curation, education, e-learning, human resources, cultural studies, and digital media, however Prologue is particularly interested in all candidates that have a passion for arts education and supporting an organization that strives to grow every year with new and exciting opportunities.
Committee members include Board and staff members, and representatives from the broader community that are selected by the Chair of the Committee and the Executive Director for their desire to ensure young people experience the arts in the classrooms and their communities.
A Board member will chair the Program Committee and report to the Board of Directors, as required.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Committee shall:
- Review all new artist applications that have applied to be part of the following season’s company of artists.
- Provide evaluations, feedback and suggested recommendations for the team regarding each application at the yearly committee meeting to determine new artists for the upcoming season.
- Attend new artist preview performances and evaluate current performances of Prologue artists, providing feedback in a timely manner when needed.
- Attend Program Committee meetings.
- Upon request from staff, provide constructive advice on content and delivery in order to support and improve programs. All feedback will be delivered to artists by Prologue staff.
- Identify and consider new professional artists and arts companies, according to established criteria.
- Consider the changing needs of young audiences and recommend future directions to the Board of Directors.
- Attend free or prorated performances on behalf of the adjudication process or continued outreach.
Length of Term
Members are expected to serve for a minimum of one (1) year and are eligible for re-election up to 3 years.
Members are asked to attend approximately 2-3 virtual meetings per year to discuss applications for the upcoming season. Members will be provided with the option to view potential candidates at performances when the opportunity arises and will report their experiences at the member meetings.
Commitment does include a yearly evaluation of the applications that have been submitted as well in preparation for the artist companies evaluation meeting.
- Volunteer Opportunities:
Committee members are given vast opportunities to engage in volunteer work or community service opportunities that align with their interests and values. This includes committee, performance and event experiences.
- Milestone Benefits:
Members that successfully complete 1 full term will be eligible to win Prologue’s coveted Milestone Draw Giveaway.
- Additional Rewards
Additional rewards may include (some provisions may apply):
- Access to Gift Cards to some of your favorite shops and restaurants
- Free Tickets to local performances
- Access to unique Arts Experiences
- Professional Development Opportunities when available (Year round)
- Please submit a cover letter and your résumé / CV to [email protected]
- All applicants must complete this application to be considered for the position.
- All cover letters and résumé / CVs will be reviewed by the Committee to be selected for an interview.
Prologue Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive company culture.
If this traditional model of submitting an application doesn’t work for you, please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Williams at [email protected] and we will find an alternative method that works for you.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.