The Possibility Program 2022/2023
Thank you for your interest in the Possibility Program. The applications for the 2023/2024 fund are now closed. For funding opportunities, please submit an application with our funding partner, DayTrippers Children’s Charity. The Possibility Program for the 2024/2025 season should open sometime in August or September 2025. Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know.
The Possibility Program is inspired by the founding vision of Prologue – that every young person in Ontario should have access to performing arts experiences that inspire, empower and spark imaginations. The program subsidizes performances and workshops in schools that are identified as underserved and addresses issues of equity caused by limited school arts budgets.
Goals of this Program
- Increase opportunities for young people to engage in performing arts experiences with professional artists in their schools by removing economic barriers and allowing for equal access
- Create opportunities for educators to integrate performing arts experiences into their classrooms and enhance ongoing curriculum needs
- Strengthen student participation and involvement with diverse forms of cultural expression
Successful applicants will receive $500 per school year that can be applied to the cost of a Prologue performance or workshop. The school is responsible for the remaining balance of the selected program. Schools can work collaboratively with Prologue to determine which artist company is available and best suits their needs.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An elementary or secondary school in Ontario
- A demonstrated need due to limited school budget, socio-economic barriers within the school community or other identified barriers to access
- Teachers, Principals, Office Administrators and Parent Council Members can apply to receive funding through the Possibility Program
- All district school boards within Ontario are eligible to apply
How To Apply To The Possibility Program 2022/2023
Applications will open Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 and will be available until the total funding has been allocated to successful applicants. Successful applicants will be notified within 14 days if their applications are successful.
Please see further details below regarding the application process.